Conomos Legal is a law firm located in the William Bland Building, within the legal precinct on Macquarie Street. The Land and Environment Court of New South Wales is located next door to our north and the Supreme Court of New South Wales is located to our south.
Vasili Conomos is the principal of Conomos Legal. He has extensive experience in development and planning law having practised principally in that jurisdiction for in excess of twenty years, since his admission as a legal practitioner.
- 1994 – 1995 Prior to his admission as a legal practitioner while studying law, Vasili worked as a Judges Associate to various judges of the District Court of New South Wales.
- 1996 – 1997 Employed by a Top Tier Law Firm.
- 1997-1998 After his admission as a legal practitioner Vasili commenced employment at a Mid Sized Law Firm which specialised in local government and planning law.
- 2002 Vasili was appointed an Associate of that firm.
- 2006 On 1 January, Vasili was appointed an Equity Partner of that firm.
- 2009 On 1 January, Vasili established his own law firm known as Conomos Legal, with the aim of providing both professional and personalised legal service to clients primarily in the areas of development and planning law. The firm has a reputation for being a leader in the field of development and planning law.
Since his admission as a legal practitioner Vasili has acted for private clients including: Judges; fellow legal practitioners; experts; private individuals; local councils; private and public companies. He has always found it a privilege to act on behalf of his peers regarding their own personal legal matters.
Vasili has had the carriage of a substantial number of appeals in the Land and Environment Court of New South Wales and has specialised exclusively in that jurisdiction in excess of twenty years. Since his admission as a legal practitioner, he has been involved in a number of very significant cases which have come before the Land and Environment Court of New South Wales as well as the New South Wales Supreme Court of Appeal, on appeal from the Land and Environment Court.
Vasili and his team at Conomos Legal have a strong focus on attention to detail in the provision of legal services to clients. The firm prides itself on providing prompt, personalised and quality legal services.
In May 2017, Fairfax Media approached Conomos Legal for an interview, based upon our specialist knowledge in this field of law and the newspaper article that arose out of that interview, which was published in the Sydney Morning Herald can be found in the link below: